4 You increase in knowledge and understanding of the things of God.
1 Timothy 2:1-4 "I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men; V2 For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty. V3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour; V4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth."
It is time to get understanding.
It is time to seek the wisdom of God.
It is time to be more than a couch potato. If you are in agreement, will you agree to be challenged to reach up higher and to find your place in God's economy? I do not mince words. It's the simple things that God wants you to get straight.
- I teach Christ crucified.
- I do not teach works - I teach stewardship
- I do not teach the law - I teach grace
- I teach the virgin birth of the very Son of God
- I teach that God is alive and well, in charge, in authority, the very Sovereign of the universe
- I teach the Godhead; Father, Son and Holy Ghost
- I teach that there is one name above all names by which we must be saved, the name of Jesus
How can you tell if you are growing in grace? You increase in knowledge and understanding of the things of God.
Excerpt from The Power of God Thinking by Keith C. Powell Copyright 2010