God-thinking is about changing the way you think, to think like Christ. This will not happen unconsciously. It will require a conscious decision to invite God to participate in everything you do. God will not participate without invitation. The Word says, "Be careful for nothing; but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your request be made known unto God." Philippians 4:6
God participates in the affairs of your life by invitation.
- Be encouraged - God has not hid Himself - God has revealed Himself.
- God did not create some impossible path to find Him - He called you by name and draws you to Himself to reveal Himself personally.
- God did not make it impossible for you to find God - He sent His own Son to reveal Him.
- God did not keep you in bondage to your sin - He sent His Son to die for you and to set you free.
- God has not let you live in spiritual poverty - He has filled you with His Spirit.
- God has invited you to be an Ambassador, a heir to His kingdom and joint heir with Christ.
- He has invited you to be His friend, His child.
- He has invited you to ask for whatever you will.
- He has invited you into His presence.
- He has invited you to receive every promise, every Word of faith, every blessing.
- God has freely given you every opportunity to receive every blessing He has ever created.
Have you invited God to be God in our life?
Have you invited God to be your Ambassador, to go before you and make a way for you?
Have you made God an heir to your kingdom, your money, your goods, your family, your children, your friends?
Have you invited God to be your friend?
Have you invited God to be your Father?
Have you invited God to ask you to go with you?
Have you invited God into your presence?
Have you invited God to receive your promise, the words you speak in faith, your blessings?
God-thinking invites God into everything that has to do with everything. Are you ready to invite God into your life, to reside, to commune, to live? If you already know the Lord, are you ready to invite God into your everything. If you are, take a moment and pray and let God have His way with you today, right now.
If you have not yet asked God to come and to dwell in you and take away your sins and make you free. Don't wait. You are invited.
Excerpt from The Power of God Thinking by Keith C. Powell Copyright 2010