Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Thought for the day

"God-thinking says that right here, right now, at the point of decision, we need to include God. We might begin our journey of changing like this:

Father God:
I intend to stop yelling at my kids - will you help me?
I intend to stop negative thoughts at their point of inception, will you reveal to me how?
I intend to stop cheating on my taxes, please show me Lord what I can do to be more honest.
I intend to change the way I eat, will you get into this program with me Lord?
Lord, I have had this habit for twenty years, will you work with me in letting it go?
Lord I am going to need you if I am going to succeed at anything.
Holy Spirit, empower me to overcome the obstacle or difficulty that I will encounter while working through this process.

Thank you Jesus for caring enough for me to see me through. Thank you for loving me and accepting me the way I am. That means so much to me. Amen"

Excerpts from The Power of God Thinking by Keith C. Powell Copyright 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment