Sunday, December 5, 2010

Daily Devotional December 5 - Encouragement

"Let us therefore follow after the things which make for peace, and the things wherewith one may edify another." Romans 14:19

I think we can get trapped into the fast paced lifestyle and get entrenched in our work to the point of distraction away from the things of God. I know from personal experience that inner peace is hard to find, but outer peace is almost non-existent. There's just to much hustle and bustle, distractions from being at peace, obstacles and barriers to overcome to have the quiet and peaceful life come easy.

How many people take the time to make someone else's life better, to say encouraging things to them and maybe even do something for them that takes time and money. Most people are frantic about just keeping their own storehouse full. I love the way that the scriptures bring us back to center. The scriptures point out how we should live and where we should be putting our energy. The scriptures are always right and I am thankful that I have the Bible to guide me. I need to be encouraged and lifted up. An encouraging comment is quite the motivator, but they are hard to come by. Just as much as I want to be encouraged, I want to encourage others also.

My first goal will be to say something nice to my wife and my children this morning, then as the day progresses to find a way to do something encouraging for someone. I will be kind to whomever crosses my path and I will keep my eyes open to the needs of others. I will seek after peace and share with others the peace that I do have. As the day progresses and the challenges get tougher I will keep my head and pray them through. I will thank God for my health and all that He has provided and I will pray for others also. I encourage you to do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment