Whatever you are called to do, in whatever capacity, be strong and do it. In our nation we have a lot of starters, but few finishers.
- People will start going to church and then wax back into their old ways.
- Millions will quit something on January 1 and by January 10 they are back in full swing.
- People promise the pastor they will help knock down the chairs and a week later act like it never happened.
- There are those that talk big about giving if God will bless them, then they are blessed and quickly become miserly.
- Maybe you have been called to go back to college and finish.
- Maybe you are called to move closer to your son, because he needs you.
- Maybe you have been called to venture into unknown territory and start something new.
- Maybe you were called to be a pastor, but those around you aren't very supportive.
- Maybe you were called to become a nurse, but you don't have the education.
- Maybe you were called to write a book.
- Maybe you were called to be a mechanic or a carpenter and to be the best and most honest in your town.
- Maybe you were called to stay home with your kids.
- Maybe you were called to stop taking long trips that keep you away from your family.
Yes, these are callings, one no more important than another.
Be strong and do it.
If you don't hear a call - Turn down the din. The call is continuous and you must get quiet without the cell phone on to hear it.
If you hear the call - answer the call yes or no. don't play games with God.
If you answer the call no, move on and live, but don't abandon God. God understands you more than people do. God will not abandon you.
If you answer the call yes, work hard to accomplish your goal, pray often and get all the help and resources you need to be successful.
In our society so many people want a quick fix for everything and a magic genie god to bring it to pass. God is not a magic genie god, but God is a miracle working God. Try doing things God's way for a season and see if you don't get better results. Try planning long term and getting God into your situation from the inception and see if you don't get better results. Get off the fence and make a decision. God will honor it. Be strong and do it.