Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Daily Devotional April 14 - You can do life God's way

"I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God." Romans 12:1-2

You cannot separate your business life, your personal life and your lifestyle from your spiritual life.

The days of saying, "I don't mix business with Christianity" are over.

The days of saying, "I don't believe their is any harm in playing my violent, carnal, and filthy mouthed video games" is over.

The days of saying, "I've learned to balance my spiritual life with my worldly life" is over.

The days of saying, "I don't believe that living with someone prior to marriage" is over.

The days of saying, "If I want to do something ungodly that is my business" is over.

The days of, "If the sin I choose doesn't hurt anyone else" is over.

The days of, "If I choose to do drugs, that's my business" is over.

The days of, "I raise my kids to be free thinkers and to choose any religion they like" is over.

The days of, "I don't need to go to church, I'll just have church at home with myself" is over.

Presenting your bodies 'a living sacrifice" isn't doing anything you want, any where you want with anyone you want. Of course there is freedom in Christ and we are to live free and be satisfied and happy and full of the goodness life. But Christianity has always been about moral uprightness, doing the right thing even if it hurts, making the right decisions even if they go against the tide, choosing a godly lifestyle even if it requires a little sacrifice. If your compass isn't set on being "transformed by the renewing of your mind" then what direction are you in?

There are two paths in this life. The broad path where there is much company and many people willing to keep you on this path so that they can exploit you and make money with you and keep you from a life with God. And there is the narrow path and few there are that find it. It's not God's fault that so many people have chosen the lesser life. No, it's not anybodies fault except our own. Later in life you begin to notice that all along you could have chosen to do things God's way.

Why not do it now? The Bible says "be not conformed to this world." God wants you to enjoy it and use it to your benefit and for the benefit of others, not for the world to use you. You aren't going to be happy with what the world makes of you if you let it continue to drive you. I can say without any reservation that you will be happy, very happy with what you ultimately become if you let God drive you. They are "worlds" apart.

No comments:

Post a Comment